Monday, October 1, 2012

Ma ma mia good pasta!

On Friday I got together with family and friends for possibly the best spaghetti I’ve had in…ever?  I know that’s throwing down the gauntlet.  But I love all of the ingredients for puttanesca:  spaghetti w/ tomatoes, capers, anchovies, black olives, chilli flakes & garlic.  The pasta itself is handmade and served al dente. 

We also had:  PIZZA AI FUNGHI CON OLIO DI TARTUFO
Mozzarella, fontina, mushrooms, white truffle oil, which was really incredible, you could taste the garlic on the mushrooms and my niece ordered a dungeness crab appetizer that was insane.  I almost don’t want to give away the name because I don’t want them to be too busy.  AND it’s in my old neighborhood.  I grew up around the corner on Andover. So delicious, I want to go back right now and it’s only 10 am….It’s a gem and owned by a husband and wife duo.  He’s from Rome Italy (so there you go), and it’s called VEGA.  http://www.vegapizzasf.com/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment