Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh Romeo, I don't like thou....

So I caught this mini-documentary on West Side Story starring Natalie Wood and Richard Beymer over the weekend. And Natalie’s co-stars, all of them, were saying she was a sweet girl BUT---that the entire time they were filming, she never once spoke to her leading man!
Their guess is that she really wanted Warren Beatty to have the part. And I admit they were dynamite in Splendor in the Grass.

But I digress, so to watch the scenes again it’s incredible the chemistry that Maria and Tonio do have in West Side Story. Talk about great acting. How do you act like you’re in love when the girl acts like you don’t exist off-screen? Or maybe that helped the tension.

I wish they would do a remake of Arsenic and Old Lace with George Clooney in the Cary Grant part. Clooney has such great comedic timing in Oh Brother that I think he would be terrific in an Arsenic remake…now for the two old aunts….who shall we cast?

No comments:

Post a Comment